Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat
Sad 
Is anyone riding in the heat Confused
I've tried a couple of times but it's just murder Sad 
I have cycled in 34-36° heat in Mallorca and South of France but it feels so close and humid these past few days.I really struggled to get air into my lungs despite slowing right down to 12-13mph average.Avoiding hills is not really helping either Angry 

Typical of the UK wait for a good Summer but then it's just too damn hot Dodgy
(07-12-2022, 03:13 PM)100%JR Wrote: Is anyone riding in the heat Confused
I've tried a couple of times but it's just murder Sad 
I have cycled in 34-36° heat in Mallorca and South of France but it feels so close and humid these past few days.I really struggled to get air into my lungs despite slowing right down to 12-13mph average.Avoiding hills is not really helping either Angry 

Typical of the UK wait for a good Summer but then it's just too damn hot Dodgy

Aah, you youngsters, you're not built for the jungle, that's a fact. Now when I were a lad the summers were ten months long and the temperature was measured in something called Fahrenheit using much higher numbers than today's modest figures. And obviously, the bigger the number the hotter it must have been.

But enough of my war stories, I have taken to an early start to try to avoid the hottest part of the day. My early dog walk is now at 0530 and I'm out on the bike before seven. It's still uncomfortable but hey, come the revolution we shall all have to do stuff we don't like.
Was out on Sunday which was hot but not silly. Circuit training yesterday was very much a 'take it easy' session! Forecast to be hotter this Sunday, and 34C on Monday/Tues, which is unheard of round here.

Had a chuckle on Sunday though, at the cafe we were chatting to some riders from another club who had '83' on their jerseys. That's the year they club was founded. I mentioned that my club had it's 70th anniversary do last weekend and they laughingly said no founder members left then. I said, yeah, George here was a founder. He's 90 this year. Fit old bugger too!!!