Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falling to bits......
I posted on the 'Gone smart' thread that I thought I had twisted my knee.Well it looks like I might have Osteoarthritis Rolleyes 
I'm absolutely fine walking about,cycling or on the indoor bike but if i try to stand up after being sat for a while both knees are really stiff.Same when I first get out of bed.I can't get to see my GP so phoned NHS 111.After a very lengthy chat I was advised it could be arthritis and was told to have a one-to-one consultation with a Pharmacist.So went along today and after viewing all the evidence supplied from NHS 111 the Pharmacist said it's likely I'm in the early stages of Osteoarthritis.
The pharmacist can't prescribe anything so I've been advised to use Ibuprofen 10% Gel three times a day until I get get an appointment with my GP.
Apparently exercise and especially cycling can be good for Osteoarthritis so at least that's a plus Confused I'll just have to see what my GP suggests if and when i get an appointment!
Might be worth trying some glucosamine and other 'alternative' remedies (e.g. cod liver oil but that's just a guess).
(01-21-2021, 04:47 PM)OETKB-YENTC Wrote: Might be worth trying some glucosamine and other 'alternative' remedies (e.g. cod liver oil but that's just a guess).
That has been mentioned.
Can be hit and miss apparently but has to be worth a try!