Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ProForm TDF
New motor has arrived and they've even sent the resistance magnets,frame and cover!
Knowing someone who knows someone always has it's benefits!
Blimey, that's cheap! Now get pedalling!
New motor fitted,built up and working,new bar tape and pedals.Much quieter than a bike on a turbo,can't be heard in the living room below Cool Good to go.

[Image: 50597291792_8b94b26f1f_z.jpg]

[Image: 50597291577_cdcc9d4fb8_z.jpg]

[Image: 50597291237_9613b23625_b.jpg]

[Image: 50596427313_bc87a56be2_z.jpg]

[Image: 50597167126_d7dba6199d_z.jpg]

Just on with installing the Data-bridge and the bike will be able to talk to Zwift via my laptop Cool 

99% there.
"Just on with installing the Data-bridge and the bike will be able to talk to Zwift via my laptop Cool " [/quote]

Is there an interpreter in the house 'cause I got lost at 'installing'?
(11-13-2020, 04:32 PM)mike the bike Wrote: "Just on with installing the Data-bridge and the bike will be able to talk to Zwift via my laptop Cool "

Is there an interpreter in the house 'cause I got lost at 'installing'?
[/quote]
The Data-bridge is a programme to modify the bikes software so all the new training apps can recognise the bike and its sensors via Ant+.Takes about 20mins I’m told. 
This allows the App,Zwift in my case,to control the resistance so when a hill/climb is reached on the virtual route it tells the bike to make it harder to pedal.The bike can simulate climbs and decents up to +/- 20%.This bike can also tilt back and forwards to simulate the position when climbing or descending.All other data from the bike,watts,speed etc is also the readable by Zwift.All this could have been avoided if Proform(now NordicTrack) had made the TDF bikes Ant+.Zwift/RGT/Rouvey etc weren't widely used when these bikes were "the ultimate indoor trainer".
In a nutshell it feels as close to being on a bike outside as is currently possible.This makes it almost bearable......

......almost.
I've now down a few work outs on the TDF bike and am very impressed!
I'm currently using the inbuilt training programs as I can't get the Data-bridge to work(my laptop is the issue not the Data-bridge should be sorted later)and TBH it is better than any bike/Trainer combo I've tried and is (almost) as good as a Wattbike.It's absolutely solid,lit should be at almost 60kg,and as quiet as a church mouse.I'm not keen on indoor training but the fact that it's there,set up and ready to go makes a big difference psychologically.I just put on my bib-shorts and shoes,switch it on and go Cool 
The +/-20% incline simulator is bang on and when out of the saddle on a 20% climb there is absolutely zero "slippage" which can happen on a Turbo.All in all I'm happy with this.Would I have paid the original RRP of £1500?Probably not but having used it I can see why folk do.I've also ridden a couple of Wattbikes and they're £2k.They are worth the money but I'm not sure I'd pay the money Big Grin 
The TDF in total has cost me less than a Smart Turbo+Bike+tyre and about half the price of a Direct Drive Turbo so I'm not complaining CoolIcing on the cake will be the Data-bridge and using it with Zwift.
One of the reasons I love the bicycle is that it's engineering but on a human scale. There is nothing on a bike the average rider can't understand, remove, repair and replace.
Electronics? That's a different thing.
(11-18-2020, 04:26 PM)mike the bike Wrote: One of the reasons I love the bicycle is that it's engineering but on a human scale.  There is nothing on a bike the average rider can't understand, remove, repair and replace.
Electronics?  That's a different thing.

Electronic shifting? Smile
(11-19-2020, 04:14 PM)OETKB-YENTC Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:26 PM)mike the bike Wrote: One of the reasons I love the bicycle is that it's engineering but on a human scale.  There is nothing on a bike the average rider can't understand, remove, repair and replace.
Electronics?  That's a different thing.

Electronic shifting? Smile

Which is exactly why a bike fitted with such things begins to stray from the true idea of the bicycle.