Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ProForm TDF
I've just purchased a 2nd hand ProForm TDF 5.0Pro indoor training bike

[Image: proform_tour_de_france_tdf_pro_5.0_indoo...0x2000.jpg]

[Image: proform_tour_de_france_tdf_pro_5.0_indoo...0x2000.jpg]

I generally use a Wattbike at the Gym through Winter but due to C-19 restrictions etc it's getting harder to actually get on the only one they have.I've had bikes on Turbos/Smart Turbos before but thought I'd go down this route to see how I get on.As my daughter is at Uni we now have a semi-spare bedroom so i can keep it in there always ready to go Cool 

Pick it up Saturday.I've tried one before(a friend has one) and TBH it feels much more realistic than any other static bike.I'll post updates!
Interesting - how much?

And will you be fitting 'guards for the winter Smile
(10-12-2020, 06:51 PM)OETKB-YENTC Wrote: Interesting - how much?

And will you be fitting 'guards for the winter Smile
£450.
They seem to be going for between £300-£750 on eBay. 
No chance of getting a Wattbike for that sort of money. 
Not sure whether I’ll download the hack to make it work with Zwift,I’ll see what the software it comes with is like.
I like the idea of being able to ride routes I normally ride via Google maps.
Not a bad price at all.
Take my advice mate and quickly transform the daughter's room into somewhere she will hate sleeping.  Complete redecoration is not necessary, simply hang a few bike frames from every vertical surface and scatter plenty of oily components around the floor.  This, combined with shipping all her clothes off to the tip, will reduce the time you have to spend listening to her incessant, juvenile whining and/or running her around the county like a long-range taxi driver.

It is better, of course, to do all this in the spirit of love and affection if you are to convince her it's time to move on.
(10-13-2020, 03:35 PM)mike the bike Wrote: Take my advice mate and quickly transform the daughter's room into somewhere she will hate sleeping.  Complete redecoration is not necessary, simply hang a few bike frames from every vertical surface and scatter plenty of oily components around the floor.  This, combined with shipping all her clothes off to the tip, will reduce the time you have to spend listening to her incessant, juvenile whining and/or running her around the county like a long-range taxi driver.

It is better, of course, to do all this in the spirit of love and affection if you are to convince her it's time to move on.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I really can't see her returning home after Uni.My Son inherited "her" bedroom so when she comes back to visit she's in the small room,now being converted into my bike room,anyway Tongue
I've been waiting quietly for years for this Cool
Picked the bike up Friday.
Needs new bar tape and a good dusting down,been sat in a garage.
Need to get it upstairs now.....bloody heavy and awkward.
Waiting on the tape and the Ant+ dongles,going to fit my old Look pedals and my Winter training is sorted Cool
Ran into a bit of a glitch.
The resistance motor wasn't working properly and it's taken a while to source one that's not from the USA.
The motor should be here by Friday so should be up and running this weekend.Not before time as the Gyms have closed.
I've managed to modify a 19" PC Monitor to fit the Tablet slot on the control unit so I now have a removable screen so the bike can be used with Zwift in any room when my Daughter visits.

[Image: 50590092027_df1be43bfa_z.jpg]

I've fitted some SP/flat pedals as the missus says she want's to use it too Angry
Looks like a decent setup. How much was the new motor?
£45.
From the States it was as much for the shipping as it was for the motor.Luckily the motor is generic and fits any Proform or NordicTrack bike.