Poll: Porte to Ineos
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good Idea
0%
0 0%
Bad idea
0%
0 0%
Indifferent
100.00%
2 100.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ritchie Porte to Ineos.
Ritchie Porte going back to Ineos for 2021.
Seems a strange move by both parties?
I can understand Ineos's other signings,some real talent but not too sure about Porte.OK so he will make a superb super-domestique with his experience but there must be younger riders who can do the same job.
Can't fault him for wanting an earnings boost though.
Super-domestique and lots of experience. Maybe the odd stage win in the hills.
Canny football managers do this all the time, they buy experience just before it matures into memories and these older players motivate and enthuse the young ones. Brian Clough, Harry Redknapp and the foreign fellow who took Leicester to the top of the premiership are just a few examples who really made this stick.
Will it work at Ineos? Who knows, but at least they won't be the rudderless crew we saw at the Tour this year.
I feel that it is rather the sad loss of Nicolas Portal that marred the Ineos challenge. It was his tactical savvy that armed the team in all their wins bar that of Sir Brad. Until they find a replacement with similar nous I see tough times ahead.
(09-27-2020, 12:26 PM)Colin the Giant Killer Wrote: I feel that it is rather the sad loss of Nicolas Portal that marred the Ineos challenge. It was his tactical savvy that armed the team in all their wins bar that of Sir Brad. Until they find a replacement with similar nous I see tough times ahead.
People often forget those behind the scenes.All the talent in the world doesn't necessarily mean winning without tactics.