Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Froome off to Israel
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53112149

Can't say I blame him. 3 leaders in 1 team ain't great for the 3 leaders  Big Grin
(07-09-2020, 09:59 AM)OETKB-YENTC Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53112149

Can't say I blame him. 3 leaders in 1 team ain't great for the 3 leaders  Big Grin
DB is ruthless.IMO Froome knows that Bernal is the new Top dog.
It will be interesting now to see who is really TL in this years Tour.My money is on Bernal if he isn't injured!
If he doesn't win this year that's his TDF wins over.Ineos have all the fire power whether he's there or not.
Sad to see him go.Hopefully he can go with a 5th TDF but if not he can still hold his head up as one of THE greats!
Yeah, I'd like to see him bag one more Tour. I think he deserves it, bearing in mind the considerable amount of bad luck he's had in the last couple of years. And, don't forget, he's clean (if not perfect), unlike the previous 5-times winners, who were all 'experimenting with unusual varieties of nutrition'.
I wish I'd been a fly on the wall when Sir Brailsford told Froomey and G of his cunning new plan to leave them out of the Tour. He is supposed to be a brilliant manager of men, who could convince Arabs to buy sand, but I reckon his skills were stretched on that occasion.
(08-20-2020, 03:26 PM)mike the bike Wrote: I wish I'd been a fly on the wall when Sir Brailsford told Froomey and G of his cunning new plan to leave them out of the Tour.  He is supposed to be a brilliant manager of men, who could convince Arabs to buy sand, but I reckon his skills were stretched on that occasion.
I doubt he lost any sleep over it.I think DB is only loyal to himself and winning.He's a bit like Alex Ferguson was at Man United.He got rid of plenty of players who seemed to be at the top of their game,many went elsewhere and did nowt.
I reckon Froome was expecting it but Thomas could feel badly done to.
Not sure who I'll be cheering on this year.I'd like to see a Frenchman win it.I thought Bardet was building up to it but Pinot seems more likely lately.Barguil?I'm not sure any of the three have strong enough teams.
Realistically I think Bernal will win it again.If he's on top form.
Be interesting to see how Quitana does. Always an outside bet.
I fancy Roglic but he is the bookies' favourite at 11:8 so no sense going there. Carapaz, on the other hand, is quoted at 15:1 and I'm wondering what happens if Bernal's back gives way again during the last week?
A tenner's worth if ever I've seen it.
Yates to Ineos....strange move.Bernals super-Dom or direct GT replacement for Froome?
He’s not likely to be Team No1.
Gives them 2 #1's for next years 3 tours I guess. It's not all about Le Tour (well, maybe not....)