Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LynskeyR480
Well today I finished the Lynskey Cool 
Can't test ride yet as the pedals haven't arrived.
I'm impressed with the Di2 already.Set up is simple and trimming is a doddle Cool My only disappointment is I've ordered the wrong internal battery so I can't take advantage of Syncro-shift.Expensive mistake.I'm going to order the correct battery and hope I can sell mine on.There's a lot to be said for check compatability,check and check again.
I'll upload more pics when the pedals and bottle cages arrive.

[Image: 50069654281_6ed6419157_z.jpg]

Hoping to christen it this weekend Angel
Why the different battery? Does it have a bigger capacity to allow for the extra work that Syncro-shift does?
(07-03-2020, 12:39 PM)OETKB-YENTC Wrote: Why the different battery? Does it have a bigger capacity to allow for the extra work that Syncro-shift does?
It's just updated firmware I believe!?
The battery I have is fully E-tube compliant but does not support Syncro-shift nor the "hidden" buttons feature(a separate "D-Fly"junction box is needed for the the hidden buttons).I'm not fussed about the hidden buttons but the three shift modes option(Syncro/Semi-Syncro/Manual)was part of my reason for going Electronic Rolleyes

I've searched online to see if my battery firmware can be updated but it's a no at this moment in time.
Ah, so it's more than just a battery!
(07-03-2020, 04:48 PM)OETKB-YENTC Wrote: Ah, so it's more than just a battery!
You were mostly correct in your first post!
Quote:With the launch of Dura-Ace 9100 came new firmware offering road riders Synchronized Shifting options between front and rear derailleurs. A short while later this technology was made available to Ultegra 6800-series and Dura-Ace 9000-series riders who have the latest Di2 battery.

The new battery (BT-DN110/BT-DN110-a) contains a memory chip that can handle the processing power required to deal with the multiple shift patterns and customizations that Synchronized Shifting brings, offering you the choice to suit your gear positioning to your personal riding style.
Looking really good JR. I particularly like the gold chain and the attention to detail involved in that choice.

I'm trying to keep up with your chat about Di2 possibilities but am being rapidly left behind. As my lady suggests on the odd occasion she spots me struggling with something electrical, "Put it down you old fool, you'll have the house alight."
(07-03-2020, 08:12 PM)100%JR Wrote: The new battery (BT-DN110/BT-DN110-a) contains a memory chip that can handle the processing power required

"contains a memory chip that can handle the processing power required "

As a techy that is almost certainly bollocks  Big Grin Big Grin It may be needed to store the details(although I'd expect there is plenty of space in the main controller memory). Probably just an excuse to charge a daft amount for a battery....
(07-04-2020, 04:16 PM)mike the bike Wrote: Looking really good JR.  I particularly like the gold chain and the attention to detail involved in that choice. 

I'm trying to keep up with your chat about Di2 possibilities but am being rapidly left behind.  As my lady suggests on the odd occasion she spots me struggling with something electrical, "Put it down you old fool, you'll have the house alight."
The only time it becomes an electrical danger is when you plug it in to charge it!Di2 has endless possibilities.Far too much for me.I do like how you can set everything from an App(if you have the correct battery).Just set your high and low stops and then Indexing/trimming can be done with your phone!!!!You can do it on the fly.You can change the lever buttons or even set it up so you only use one lever to shift both derailleurs.Technology eh?
(07-04-2020, 05:18 PM)OETKB-YENTC Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 08:12 PM)100%JR Wrote: The new battery (BT-DN110/BT-DN110-a) contains a memory chip that can handle the processing power required

"contains a memory chip that can handle the processing power required "

As a techy that is almost certainly bollocks  Big Grin Big Grin It may be needed to store the details(although I'd expect there is plenty of space in the main controller memory). Probably just an excuse to charge a daft amount for a battery....
Yes I agree.Marketing BS!'m sure at some point they'll release the firmware update to older batteries.Oddly the newer batteries seem to be no more expensive?!
Bit of a set back.
School boy error Angry
The braided hoses,olives,barbs and banjos I've used are MTB specific and the wrong bore Blush Blush  so whilst the brakes do work there's is far too much travel on the levers Rolleyes I(wrongly) assumed they'd work.Even the olives on Shimano road hydraulics are slightly different!
Correct stuff ordered.
I suppose I could risk using the bike but as there's "technically" too much fluid in the system I don't ant to risk popping any seals in the levers Huh 

Never too old to learn summat new.
Just been on a blustery ride.I'm just about there set-up wise.Going to raise the stem by 10mm and i think it will be dialed.
I like this bike more every time I ride it.Half a dozen rides in and I know I've made the right choices Cool