UKRC
New bike? - Printable Version

+- UKRC (https://www.ukrc.club)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.ukrc.club/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Gear (https://www.ukrc.club/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: New bike? (/showthread.php?tid=47)

Pages: 1 2

New bike? - OETKB-YENTC - 02-09-2021

I'm pondering a new steed. Nowt wrong with the current one, although the gears don't index consistently.

I'd love another Ti but all the frames are boring - some years ago Litespeed did one in tubing similar to the Colnago cloverleaf tubing, but no longer.

So it looks like carbon. Must have Di2 and discs. The Spec. Roubaix expert is currently favourite, although I'm unsure whether I'm a 56cm or 58. The 56 seems to be about the same as my Sabbath, but according to my size, the 58. There's not that much difference, an as I need quite high bars I'll probably go for the 58. Some suppliers have ali wheels and some carbon - I'm after carbon  Big Grin

It's not the lightest bike, but as I'm 100Kg+ I can't really see that being a big issue in practice.... 
However, there's no stock anywhere  Smile Smile

RE: New bike? - 100%JR - 02-09-2021

Have you looked at the Lynskey Helix Pro....definitely something but not boring Big Grin 
I thought about it when buying my R480 but the twisted tubing was a step too far for me so I opted for the more subtle diamond shape of the R480 Cool

What about some of the more niche brands?Colina,Enigma,J.Guilleme etc?There's summat about the Colina frames that appeals to me Cool 

Steel?I've already decided on my next project/forever build and it's Steel.

There are some stunning Carbon bikes out there.You pretty much can't go wrong with any of the Di2/ETAP hydro-disc bikes on the market you just have to pick a price point Confused

Choose wisely.............

RE: New bike? - OETKB-YENTC - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 01:07 PM)100%JR Wrote: Have you looked at the Lynskey Helix Pro....definitely something but not boring Big Grin 
I thought about it when buying my R480 but the twisted tubing was a step too far for me so I opted for the more subtle diamond shape of the R480 Cool

What about some of the more niche brands?Colina,Enigma,J.Guilleme etc?There's summat about the Colina frames that appeals to me Cool 

Steel?I've already decided on my next project/forever build and it's Steel.

There are some stunning Carbon bikes out there.You pretty much can't go wrong with any of the Di2/ETAP hydro-disc bikes on the market you just have to pick a price point Confused

Choose wisely.............

The Lynskey Helix Pro looks OK, but maybe it's just time to go plastic......

RE: New bike? - 100%JR - 02-09-2021

Plenty to have a go at!
I still have a soft spot for Canyon but I’m liking the Factor and Argon18 offerings.
Then there’s the obvious Trek,Pinarello,Cervelo,Specialized..
I could buy about 10!

RE: New bike? - 100%JR - 02-18-2021

Any updates Huh

RE: New bike? - OETKB-YENTC - 02-19-2021

Nope. I think I've decided on a Roubaix Expert with carbon wheels, but there aren't any for sale. (Not many of anything around TBH!!). Could be months or even next year.

I can wait as there's nowt wrong with the Sabbath, it's deffo want rather than need Smile

RE: New bike? - 100%JR - 02-21-2021

I must admit to a bit of a soft-spot for Specialized......I had a couple of their Enduro Expert MTBs...well I say a couple....2002,2004,2006,2008,2010 and 2012 Big Grin

RE: New bike? - Colin the Giant Killer - 02-21-2021

I went off Specialized when they decided to go after some Canadian cafe owner who had the temerity to use the name Cafe Roubaix. It all got sorted in the end but the sheer arrogance of claiming a French place name as their own exclusive brand name was staggering.

RE: New bike? - 100%JR - 02-21-2021

I think the Specialized legal team got a bit too big for their boots.I'm surprised they didn't take the UCI to court for calling a race Paris-Roubaix Confused Rolleyes
I often wonder why big business picks on the little guy Angry

RE: New bike? - OETKB-YENTC - 02-23-2021

A bit like the greasy spoon  'Cafe Olympic' in the East End of London. Had to rename it, so he just (badly) painted over the O and had 'Cafe lympic'. Smile

Wankers!